Caught by Prosperity?
Diagnose your heart and gauge the mood of these days, for money seeking Babylon screams to the pauper and financier alike.
I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be blessed. (Psalms 37:25-26)
I am to rule my assets, if I don't my assets will rule me.
Ten tips to beat your stock-piling assets into submission:
- Stewardship deals with the person, not the purse.
- We are called to be rivers, not reservoirs.
- Money is morally neutral, but the love of money isn't.
- It is a fool who chooses to be a clog, and not a channel.
- Lordship settles selfishness.
One man gives freely yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. (Proverbs 11:24)
- In every person there remains a very healthy Pharisee.
- The measure of generosity begins at the tithe, it does not end there.
- Trust in wealth is as hollow as trust in works.
- If Christ is at the center of life, the edge will look after itself.
- It is impossible to out give God.
These tips are already settled when a man aims for INFLUENCE, and not AFFLUENCE.
A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor. (Proverbs 22:9)
Was our Lord's cross comfortable gold or splintered timber?
Today's Soul Snippet:
There are no trophy cabinets in heaven. ~ anon