6 Reasons Why Healing Fails
21 September, 2015
Our prayers have risen as incense to heaven. Though persistently released from our heart in great hunger, we may even beg for supernatural healings yet they fail. This is both common and sooo real a Christian experience.
When healings are absent, we misread the evidence - too quick to conclude that the absence of healings is either divine disinterest or disability. Again this is a deceit from the Tree of Knowledge which obscures and denies the truths from the Tree of Life, wanting each of us to distrust His love.
WE EACH MUST REMEMBER - the leaves of the Tree of Life are for the healing of the nations. (See Revelation 22:2)
There are many reasons why healing prayers fail but they are not because God has broken His promises, lost His abilities or changed His intentions. The healing Tree of Life has not been hit by a bolt of evil lightning and sliced in two.
At a human level we can impede the Lord's work as Jesus was hindered by disbelief, yet also seen and unseen spiritual causes for failed healings exist.*
So why aren't some healed?
- There are weeds on our seeds. Unrepented sin has given satan continuing authority to unleash his flaming darts to injure us. (Proverbs 28:9, Matthew 5:23-24, Ephesians 4:27, 1 Peter 3:7)
- Doubting faith. Those who do not use the light they have are not likely to be given more. ~ A.B. Simpson (Matthew 9:29)
- Christ's sufferings overflow to His followers. Shall we not accept the bitter with the sweet? (Romans 8:17)
- We are reaping what we have sown. This I suspect is particularly true when relationships fall regularly around you. (2 Corinthians 9:6)
- Our hearts are intent on being free to pursue a competitor to Him in our lives - this He would not permit. (1 Peter 1:16, 2:25)
- The season is yet to arrive. As with a 38 year old cripple at Bethesda, the healing awaits its appointed time. (John 5:1-15)
To conclude this short series:
Could suffering be a life-imprinted invitation to wrestle with God, for God is too easy to neglect upon its still waters?
When life remains unrepaired:
The proper place for human reason is always found safe when under the canopy of faith, and not below vagaries of theological posturing.
Today's Soul Snippet:
"The Tree of Knowledge is a vine choking the world with an increasing bondage to the continual study of its good and evil fruits." ~ Michael Cartwright
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?
#ENJOY the previous 3 SoulSnacks in this mini-series:
*This list above is far from extensive - see Making Sense of Suffering for more detail.