10 JEWELS for THE BIBLE
- On the occasion of Queen Elizabeth II coronation the Archbishop of Canterbury presented a Bible to her with these words: Our gracious Queen: to keep your Majesty ever mindful of the Law and the Gospel of God as the Rule for the whole life and government of Christian Princes, we present you with this Book, the most valuable thing that this world affords. here is Wisdom; This is the royal Law; These are the Oracles of God.
- To what greater inspiration and counsel can we turn than to the imperishable truth to be found in this treasure house, the Bible. ~ Queen Elizabeth II
- A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- Within the covers of the Bible are the answers to all the problems that men face. ~ Ronald Regan
- The Bible will keep you from sin, or sin will keep you from the Bible. ~ Dwight L. Moody
- The scriptures teach us the best way of living, the noblest way of suffering and the most comfortable way of dying. ~ John Flavel
- The Bible nevers grows old. ~ Edith Deen
- The Bible is not only the book of God, but also the god of books. ~ John Ruskin
- The Bible is worth all the other books which have ever been printed. ~ Patrick Henry
- I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man. All the good from The Savior of the world is communicated to us through this Book. ~ Abraham Lincoln
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
Ignore the Bible to your peril; it contains the only Words of Life both for earth and for ever.
Today's Soul Snippet:
If satan gets us fearing, he also stops us trusting.
Love this SoulSnack? - PLEASE take a moment and share it with a friend. Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?