19 Proverbs Afresh (1-10)#
Proverbs were first penned by the King of Wisdom - Solomon.
Three millennia have washed the sundials and clock faces of earth since their writing. The Book of Proverbs is packed with an explained life. It has refreshed and guided more lives than mankind can can know. This book is of the Lord.
No bold claims that these new 'proverbs' are of Solomon or of Scripture, but anyway - may these few original SoulSupply thoughts be of a lasting benefit to their readers and honor to our Lord:
- Faith lives in the young, but age and the fear of man will steal it away.
- God rewards faith, but fear punishes a man.
- Power kills a man's wisdom as venom poisons its prey.
- Knowledge cannot sit still, it must be displayed.
- Beware of the love of knowledge, for in its pursuit righteousness is not found.
- There is more value discovered in righteousness than in all the stressors of the city.
- The heart's desire is to multiply its treasure, for that is both the nature of the heart and the attractiveness of the treasure.
- A man who knows his heart hears the beat of his sin.
- The curtains of the heart are drawn apart by the words that pass a man's lips.
- The heart is the suitcase to my soul.
Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind. (Ecclesiastes 12:13)
Today's Soul Snippet:
"It is impossible to become fully Christ-like if everything is going well". ~ Graham Cooke
Permission is granted (and you are also encouraged) to reprint SoulSnacks in hard copy form, using them for Bible Studies or other Christian forums, as well as sending them to your own email lists and posting them on your own websites. SoulSupply asks only that you keep the SoulSupply website and email contact information intact.
Love this SoulSnack? - PLEASE take a moment and share it with a friend. Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?