3 Quick French Lessons#
In a merciless act of international treachery and retribution ISIS name France as top of their 'hit list', as they proudly claim their Friday the 13th in Paris.
With a similar boldness of (legitmate) defiance French President Francois Hollande guarantees to ISIS for all ears to hear:
We are going to lead a war which will be pitiless!
Add to this Molotov cocktail of vengeance the report that a boy of only fifteen is among the dead terrorists, and one now faintly begins to muse Armageddon.
The dust is as far from settled in Paris as are all the facts, culprits, and accomplices.
Below are merely four Biblical observations about these haunting events. They point to three quick lessons:
- You will hear of wars and rumours of wars. Such things must happen.
- We live in the times where evil is accelerating with an apparently unrestrained ferocity.
- Raise a child in the way he should go and he will not depart from it. (The utmost of care must be exercised in what children are taught.)
- There will be terrible times in the last days and the love of most will grow cold.
The three lessons:
- Read this wicked season aright. Terrible times are now lengthening shadows over us. Therefore number your finite days correctly, for we have been warned of all these things ahead of time. Sadly the Bible indicates do not be surprised.
- It is the season to stand strong, for only then can we peer past these multiplying evil days and see the permanent peace of Jesus the Christ yet to come.
- The frequency of evil is now such that numbness to the hurts of others can rise in our hearts, but refuse to permit your love to cool.#
But as for you continue in what you have learned and become convinced of ... for he who stands firm to the end will be saved. (1Timothy 3:14a & Matthew 24:13)
Today's Soul Snippet:
Peace will fail until the Prince of Peace rules.
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?