5 Garments of Ravenhill's Faith
The stirring of faith is the mixing of my soul with those more earnest and faithfully stubborn than I.
British born Leonard Ravenhill (1907-1994) was such a man. He worked as a prophet and evangelist of the 20th century. Ravenhill called for reform, for this what the prophets do. He stood unshakeably strong, firm and steadfast as the church pursued the world in the erosion of righteousness and truth.
voice from above, a man sent be God at a critical moment in history.
This is no mean honor. It is a salutation from the very faithful about the very faithful.
I lean into Ravenhill as he provokes me. He still echoes a hard and no compromising belief. But nothing our Lord did not teach two millennia ago.
In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples. (Luke 14:33)
I pray Ravenhill may too speak 'from beyond the grave' to you as well.
Five provocative quotes from Ravenhill, the prophet who 'took no prisoners', but elevated the absolute priority of the Lord to wash a believer's life in right living.
- We seem at this hour to be as far removed from apostolic Christianity as the pope is from marriage.
- In the auction for men's souls the prize seems to go to the lowest bidder... Here are men paying for shadows at the price of their immortal soul
- Shall our prayer harps hang tuneless on the willows of unbelief?
- The understanding soul prays; the praying soul gets understanding.
- The richest garments of the soul are spun on the looms of prayer and dyed in the travail that fills up the sufferings of Christ.
Today's Soul Snippet:
The church that is man-managed instead of God-governed is doomed to failure. ~ Samuel Chadwick
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?