5 Hints @ Humility
He who threw away the Crown of Glory for a crown of thorns, exchanged heaven for earth and the throne for a cross - He is the one who can teach me humility.
If I may...
- Plumbing the depth of grace is only possible to the humbled.
- Humility is becoming what you have despised and realising that you were wrong.
- When you know you have reached humility you have haven't.
- Humility is willingly serving those who want to be seen by still ensuring you remain unseen.
- It is highly unlikely that you will ever meet a humble person, for humility is never put on show.
I want Jesus close to me, I thirst to be close to Him but despite popular opinion, pride and achievement are not the paths:
‘These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word. (Isaiah 66:2)
Aim to be humble for this is truly desiring to meet the High.
Today's Soul Snippet:
"The precious gift of brokenness is a humble and contrite spirit." ~ Michael Cartwright
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?