5 Tips to Service the Soul
Decay is both the world's enemy and its fabric. Fundamental to life is maintenance lest downfall arrive. Life's upkeep is attended to for peace, or neglected at peril.
Faith can totter with the same quiet ease as rust claims a car.
Five brief thoughts on guarding a man's soul that he may enjoy the fine dining of heaven:
- Begin each day as you want to live it and then end it - with the Lord.
- Trust the Lord at all times and in all ways regardless of cost, for He is no man's debtor.
- Position self to receive from the Lord. Place self so as to be available to Him. This is deliberate. It is the daily servicing of the soul. Life will be measured through the positioning of self. If you don’t position self carefully others will do it for you. (Luke 10:38-42)
- Beware the fading heart and the dulling lights of devotion. Be aware should the treasured times with the Lord become consigned to a delightful diversion in the photo album of the mind.
- Refuse to trade upon yesterday’s sweet manna for it is now stale; gather fresh manna each morning.
Attend first to the soul, for when the breath (spirit) is returned its Giver and the body is buried, the soul will live on forever.
Above all else service the soul for this is your eternal life.
Today's Soul Snippet:
'The man who has God for his treasure has all things in one.' ~ A.W.Tozer
Permission is granted (and you are also encouraged) to reprint SoulSnacks in hard copy form, using them for Bible Studies or other Christian forums, as well as sending them to your own email lists and posting them on your own websites. SoulSupply asks only that you keep the SoulSupply website and email contact information intact.
Love this SoulSnack? - PLEASE take a moment and share it with a friend. Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?