It's easy to be wise after the event...
The best of saints may be tempted to the worst of sins. ~ F.J. Sheen
Since Adam's expulsion from Eden temptation has only multiplied.
If Jesus can be tempted, and He was - no other human upon terra-firma will escape it.
... Jesus too shared in their humanity ... He had to be made like His brothers in every way ... because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those being tempted. (Hebrews 2:14-18)
Six temptation facts Adam and Eve could not know in Eden, but available now. It is always far easier to be wise after the event:
- temptation offers an easy but unwise betterment
- temptation shrouds an unspoken warranty - a surety that the second state will be worse than the first
- temptation is the guile of hell to invite distrust in the good of Heaven
- to place temptation at your back is the willing act to trust Jesus' guidance alone
- the problem with temptation is that its outcomes are invisible when contemplating its offers
- temptation grabs my indulgent heart for further worship of me - so my eyes, then my hands and feet will follow - regardless of the cost and The Cross.
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (James 4:7)
THE LAST WORD:
Temptation is the offer to cross an unbroken line that righteousness would only flee.
ENJOY too ~ Temptation Rides a Train