6 Facts Adam & Eve Did Not Know
Since Eden - when comfort is absent temptation becomes present, for the opportunist satan still abhors a vacuum.
Six temptation facts Adam and Eve did not know in Eden. It is always far easier to be wise after the event:
- temptation is an offer of easy betterment without correct thought or wise effort
- temptation offers an unspoken warranty - a surety that the second state will be worse than the first
- temptation is the guile of hell to invite distrust in the good Heaven
- to place temptation at your back is the willing act to trust Jesus with discomfort and leave sin behind
- the problem with temptation is that its outcomes are at first invisible while contemplating its offers
- temptation's intent is to keep the focus of worship purely upon me. Temptation trains my indulgent heart for worship of me - so my eyes, then my hands and feet will follow (regardless of the cost).
Temptation is the offer to cross an unbroken line righteousness would flee.
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (James 4:7)
Today's Soul Snippet:
Lay hold of holiness and pursue righteousness for in so doing sin is recognised.
Permission is granted (and you are also encouraged) to reprint SoulSnacks in hard copy form, using them for Bible Studies or other Christian forums, as well as sending them to your own email lists and posting them on your own websites. SoulSupply asks only that you keep the SoulSupply website and email contact information intact.
Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?