8 Tips to Avoid Sin
Sin does not need to be defeated, if it is first avoided. Thus, innocence is kept.
For those who wish to pursue holiness and live in righteousness, for those who remember who they belong to, eight tips to steer clear of sin:
- sin places your enemy in a position of advantage over you. Satan is the first enemy you arm.
- where sin is present - God is absent
- sin will always leave evidence, it is not found in a vacuum
- sin always has repercussions, it especially hurts God
- be observant of sin lest you fall and fail
- sin creates bad ripples moving out from the sinner
- God does not leave sin unattended, and
- sin never tells you its costs, how much it charges.
Stay out of harm's way and there will be no pain, or remorse, or loss.
My dear old mum still echoes within my soul:
...be sure your sin will find you out. (Numbers 32:23b)
Today's Soul Snippet:
'Prayer is standing in the presence of God with the mind in the heart.' ~ Henry Nouwen