8 Ways to Flee Chasing the Wind
From stopping with the Lord there is far more to be discovered than in studying with the world. For the ways of unredeemed men chase after the wind.
When I stopped I discovered:
- Folly brings its own tears as wisdom brings its own smiles.
- Make light of bad company, do not tarry with their ways.
- Bad company is the path to the pit, a deadly snare to the soul.
- Look out for those who can't look out for you, for you never know when your day may come.
- A man is known by his character and a wife by her prudence, but a family is known by its name.
- Both the counting of banknotes and the folding of arms knows no end. Let greed nor lethargy master you.
- As your time draws to a close reflect; your horrors and hopes will pass by your eyes before they pass away. The sage will bring them to reckoning before the Lord does.
- The searching for wisdom knows no end, it is better than the hoarding of wealth. The humble seek it above all to the four corners of the Lord's earth.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Proverbs 1:7)
Chasing the wind never fills the sails. ~ anon
Today's Soul Snippet:
ENJOY - 6 Thoughts I had @ 60
Permission is granted to reprint SoulSnacks in hard copy form, using them for Bible Studies or other Christian forums, as well as sending them to your own email lists and posting them on your own websites. SoulSupply asks only that you keep the SoulSupply website and email contact information intact.
Love this SoulSnack? - PLEASE take a moment and share it with a friend. Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?