Choose a Soft Heart to Hard Truths
Countless seasons have waxed and waned, each rolling forward in a pre-ordained reliability. Seasons too carry their own pre-ordained lessons.
From an unmeasured Divine patience I now shelter under these sensible truths:
- The stakes are too high to remain in sin.
- Mercy triumphs over judgement.
- Where the broken person flees to for refuge will become their grave, unless they flee to the Lord.
- Refuse to judge another unless you have first learned where they weep.
- Resist satan without restraint, and he will pursue simpler targets.
- Erect the fortress and canopy of substantial prayer. Life is a perennial battleground, not a playground.
- Honor the beggar willingly, serve the proud silently, listen carefully to the child and hold a pure heart - for these are true spiritual ambition.
- As Jesus often withdrew to lonely places - mimic Him. Soak in the Son, Son-bathe.
- Choose a soft heart to hard truths.
Wisdom makes one wise man more powerful than ten rulers in a city. (Ecclesiastes 7:19)
Today's Soul Snippet:
"The crucified life is the safest of lives because it removes me from me." ~ Michael Cartwright