There exists a timeless warning for those with ears to hear and eyes to see.
Babylon constantly bombards Christians with various and prevailing distress. Public (im)morality denies purity, and multiplies its demand to surrender.
Babylon marries wickedness while spraying mankind with bad news. Both now and tomorrow are being pierced by Babylon's expert critics, while also re-examining yesterday with suspicion.
Babylon cannot discern good from evil. And, it reckons no shame. Pride is paraded with no restraint.
An ancient Bible proverb zeroes in, in a manner most folk don’t know. Or, have clearly forgotten!
Below are various translations or paraphrasing of the same warning:
Proverbs 29:18a explains:
- Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint. ~ NIV
- Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained. ~ NASB
- Where there is no vision, the people perish. ~ KJ 21
- Where there is no vision, the people break loose. ~ NEB
- Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint. ~ ESV
- Where there is no prophecy the people cast off restraint. RSV
- A nation without God’s guidance is a nation without order. ~ GNB
- Without guidance from God, law and order disappear. ~ CEV
Whatever version you prefer, the big point is quite clear!
The Last Word:
Public morality depends on the knowledge of God.
#Today's SoulSnack was submitted by a kind subscriber. It contains SoulSupply edits