I Asked for the Good Way
The proud dispute God saying He does not exist.
The simple ignore God unable to exercise prudence.
No longer do I wish to be proud, wicked or simple - so I questioned and listened to my Lord; I asked for the good way. He answered:
- He who stands firm to the end will be saved. (Matthew 10:22b). It is not how you start that matters, but that you finish.
- Do not be afraid of those who can kill the body but cannot kill the soul. (Matthew 10:28a). The body is a mere tent, the soul eternal.
- Whoever acknowledges Me in life, I will acknowledge before the Father. (Matthew 10:33) Faith is like a candle, as soon as it is lit it must begin to shine.
- Anyone who loves his father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. (Matthew 10:37-38) There is no couch Christianity, easy-believism is a daydream.
- Out of the flow of his heart a man speaks. Men will have to give an account on judgement day for every careless word spoken. (Matthew 12:34-36) The power of the mouth is of far more strength and impact than its size and weight.
- Whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister. (Matthew 12:50) The bonds of family are kept strong in faithfulness to the Father.
There are only two eternal ways, I do not want to travel down the hot one.
ask where the good way is and walk in it, and you will find rest for your soul... (Jeremiah 6:16b)
Today's Soul Snippet:
'From Christ's death flow all our hopes'. ~ J.C. Ryle
Permission is granted (and you are also encouraged) to reprint SoulSnacks in hard copy form, using them for Bible Studies or other Christian forums, as well as sending them to your own email lists and posting them on your own websites. SoulSupply asks only that you keep the SoulSupply website and email contact information intact.
Love this SoulSnack? - PLEASE take a moment and share it with a friend. Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?