A Prayer to Change the World
My Father in Heaven, thank-you for ensuring from before time that I could know you, love you and enjoy you ...
- may my heart for you be so much greater than my heart for me
- may my hands burn my plowing equipment (1 Kings 19:21) that I will walk on water (Jn 6:16-24)
- may I exchange my secure future for your unseen but guaranteed future that I may bear fruit
- may the lure of lights be dulled by the clarity of solitude that I may know you more deeply (Jer 33:3)
- may I know spiritual discernment and not earthly wisdom to walk your highways (Hebs 5:11-14)
- may I become your fragrant incense to this rancid world
- may my boundaries be extended and my labor not fall to flames
- may I be filled with your divine horror at my sin and this world's
- may earth become far-less homelike and heaven become far-more magnetic
- may my spirit be weak before you and melt my heart with your love
- may my heart break for what your heart breaks
- may the weak of this world receive strength
- may the humble of this world know promotion
- may the abused of this world gain justice
- may the bold of this world become meek
- may the vulnerable of this world receive protection and
- may the dead of this world find life eternal.
Please show me my part in this prayer Father, what you would have me do and test my heart against this prayer to know if I am true. AMEN
I wonder if we all as Christians prayed this prayer each day what type of spiritual leverage this would give within ourselves and within the world?
Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults. Keep your servant also from wilful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer? (Ps 19:12-14)
Today's Soul Snippet:
"If you only pray when you are in trouble you are in trouble." ~ anon