Life's Most Necessary Measure
A disciple must be humbled before they can be cleansed. Humility is the seat of conversion. It is where the old self dies and the new self is born.
Nine truthful notes to life's most necessary measure:
- Humility father's wisdom.
- Humility is the conduit of unity.
- Humility is seeking glory and well-being for another.
- Humility is recognizing God’s infinite ability and my fragile inability.
- Humility is enhanced by downfalls.
- Humility is loudly expressed in silence.
- The hardest thing in pride is recognizing humility.
- Humility and grace are to be a Christian’s travelling companions for life.
- Humility is being un-recognised by those you serve, but still continuing to serve them.
I will walk humbly all my years because of this anguish of my soul. (Isaiah 38:15b)
The path to humility is hardship. The difference between a proud person and a humble one is the torturous work of grace.
Today's Soul Snippet:
'Solitude leads to the awareness of the dead person in our own house and keeps us from making judgements about other people's sins.' ~ Henri Nouwen
ENJOY too - Souvenirs of Solitude ~ Humility & Pride
Love this SoulSnack? - PLEASE feel free to share it with a friend, post it on a blog page, on a website or share it on social media.
Would you too like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday.