Listen to 6 Masters of Faith
Men who live on the edge of spiritual cliffs have long stirred this soul. They are at faith's extremes, uncluttered by adult argument to compromise, to withdraw from the cliff's edge. They stand where its adventures begin. I want to listen to them, even stand in their shadow.
And He said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:3)
Such men have accepted Jesus' edgy truths as a child, and not debated them away:
- Dependence on the Lord is a governing and an abiding law of true spiritual power. ~ Theodore Austin-Sparks (1888 - 1971)
- We are fashioned in His presence! ~ John Henry Jowett (1863-1923)
- Faith in a prayer-hearing God will make a prayer-loving Christian. ~ Andrew Murray (1828 - 1917)
- The Bible is not first a book to be explained, BUT a book to be believed! ~ Leonard Ravenhill
- My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list. ~ Leonard Ravenhill
- There are no reduced rates for revolution of the soul! ~ Leonard Ravenhill (1907 - 1994)
- Until your kingdom goes, His kingdom cannot come. ~ Aiden Wilson Tozer (1897 -1963)
- Legalism is second-hand faith. ~ Brennan Manning (1934 - 2013)
The old adage will always apply - nothing ventured nothing gained.
The legacy your faith will leave equates to the spiritual adventures you were willing to take.
Today's Soul Snippet:
'Temptation is satan's counsel to break faithfulness.'
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?