To all those who may have began the year with a burden, who celebrated the New Year on the outside but not on the inside, or who found 2013 so wearisome that they are wary of 2014 - a humble plea to the Father who is always love every year ~
My Father in Heaven, thank-you that you have seen my 2013, and all my preceding years. Thank-you that you have loved me beyond my foolishness, and not rejected me for my constant sin. I would pray now for 2014:
- make peace my governor and righteousness my ruler,
- keep me please from temptation, and hold no sin against me,
- walk closer beside me than ever before; surround me, be my rear guard and my vanguard, hover over me that I may dwell in your shadow,
- may I never again shove you away, bump you off, or turn my back on you, for
- you are my ONLY rock, my highway to holiness, my shade, my shelter and my guide,
- may my emotions well, and my heart pound in pursuing you this year,
- I desire your shelter in all of 2014, and that your praise will be continually loaded upon my lips. ~ AMEN
I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness (Is 61:10a)
Today's Soul Snippet:
God says ~ "I know how to care for those who belong to Me."
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?