You MUST Be Safe!
It is not popular to imagine that mankind is sinful, let alone too they are sinners in the hands of an angry God.
Yet, popularity is no measure of truth - either within or without the church. God is not contained by man's beliefs, for:
Will not the judge of all the earth do right? (Genesis 18:25)
God's criteria of judgements are not like those of men. His regulations are simple, they are not confusing. His measures are not convoluted.
There are three oft repeated descriptive measures of judgement that God uses in His eternal Word, the Holy Scriptures.
They are persistently replayed that no man may live in ignorance, unless he chooses so.
- God is a righteous judge... (Psalm 7:11a)
- He will judge your people in righteousness, your afflicted ones with justice. (Psalm 72:2)
- Judgement will again be founded on righteousness... (Psalm 95:15a)
- Let all creation rejoice before the Lord, for He comes, He comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in His truth. (Psalm 96:13)
- Righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. (Psalm 97:2b)
- He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in equity. (Psalm 98:9b)
- I will make justice the measuring line and righteousness the plumb line, (Isaiah 28:17)
- For He has set a day when He will judge the world in righteousness, by man He has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising Him from the dead. (Acts 17:31)
God instructs man and teaches man the right ways to life. Man has chosen to go astray.
Yet, He who still writes the calendar, who has numbered all of mankind's day, and still counts the hair on each head does not make lies His refuge; He soon comes to sweep this earth, His earth. His strokes are in righteousness, justice and truth.
His level judgements are not as man's ever changing mind. Man's excuses are not admitted. It is righteousness that is His pedestal, justice is His promised intent, because all truth belongs to Him alone.
Man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgement (Hebrews 9:27)
(PLEASE NOTE: sin is no more welcome in heaven than in Eden.)
At that great assize there are no plea bargainings, mistrials, retrials or appeals. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. His response to me is measured by my righteousness (not my deeds). I am reckoned righteous through the blood of Christ alone.
It is Jesus' breastplate of righteousness that the believer safely wears.
Today's Soul Snippet:
'Devotion is the changing of interests into thirsts.'
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?