7 Pillows for the Soul
Soul Snack 30/13 ... 7 Pillows for the Soul
The pillow is both a metaphor for peace and the place for rest. Peace and rest are literally bed partners. God wanted rest too. He rested on the seventh day. God knows rest. He gives rest and God promises rest. Rest is the incorruptible promise of heaven.
God has given countless pillows for His disciples to lie upon.
ENJOY these 7 pillows for your body, soul and spirit - claim them when you are restless:
- One thing God has spoken, two things I have heard that you O God are strong; and that you O God are loving. ~ Ps 62:11-12a
- Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. ~ Ps 73:25-26
- Return to rest O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you. ~ Ps 116:7
- God grants sleep to those He loves. ~ Ps 127:2c
- The fruit of that righteousness will be peace; its effect will be quietness and confidence forever. ~ Is 32:17
- The Lord is the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge. ~ Is 33:6a
- I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? ~ Jer 32:27
Today's Soul Snippet:
"God heals the outcasts, those for whom nobody cares." ~ Jer 30:17