Sipping Coffee with the Pastor
This paradise secreted away from the maddening winds of life became the perfect water playground for our toddlers.
Tiny ripples lapped equally tiny feet. Each ripple delivered squeals of delight. Yet should the crest of a small swell even reach their knees, eyes became pained, and delight changed to trepidation.
These infants were uneasy in the depths, content to paddle the shallows. Babes of Christ act likewise.
Regardless of age, regardless of position the babes of Christ, these toddlers in trust, never quite move from the shallows splashing at their knees to dive into the depths of His rolling waves.
It's safe to wade in the Word, secure a Sunday morning pew and sip coffee with the pastor. BUT:
- where has the call of Him to live by faith, 'hate' parents and to sleep without pillows gone?
- where is the heart full of obedience and the feet of no-compromise?
- who can bear a cross and not just wear one?
- who really, really believes that the place of riches is heaven and not the bank?
- who lives as the Lord is their provider and not the lottery that is themselves?
- whose heart is so captured by Heaven that they can just be still with Him today, all day?
Paddling in divine waters is no more spiritual maturity than a toddler is a swimmer.
Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, instruction about cleansing rites the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. (Hebrews 6:1-2)
How can we neglect so great a salvation bought for us by He who crossed the skies to earth, and refused to retreat at Calvary?
Today's Soul Snippet:
'Go where Jesus is pointing. If you are not sure where that is, go to the poor.' ~ anon
ENJOY too ~ Deep Calls To Deep
Did you find this SoulSnack helpful? Would you like to subscribe or forward it to a friend?