The 8 Steps to Prosperity & Health
Mankind's path makes prosperity his god, God's path is righteous. Both paths can reach the same goal, but only one path won't eternally injure the soul. (This conflict of paths is equally well explained as the perennial battle between the Tree of Knowledge and the Tree of Life.)
God's eight steps to prosperity and health as listed in Proverbs 3:1-10 are:
- Do not forget God's wisdom
- Store wisdom's commands in your heart
- Let love and faithfulness never leave you, stay close to them
- Hold no gaps in your trust of the Lord, trust Him with all your heart
- Lean not on your own understanding, acknowledging Him on all your paths
- Choose humility that you be not wise in your eyes
- Fear the Lord, shun evil, and
- Honor the Lord with your wealth and firstfruits.
It is then your years will be prolonged and prosperity be received. You will find favor before God and man, enjoying a good name and straight paths. Your body and bones will be healthy, your barns full and your vats overflowing.
Obedience oils the wheels of prosperity and health, but first note that the good Lord will give no man any competitor to Himself.
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:4)
Today's Soul Snippet:
'Many hunt down those sins in others which they gladly shelter in themselves.' ~ Charles Spurgeon
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?