The Call of Grace
Grace is certain, it:
- is as eternal as it is sufficient
- does not expire nor is it rationed
- cannot become stale, nor will it go on strike
- abounds, it is never in short supply
- has been given to each of us prior to time.
He has saved us and called us to a holy life – not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time (2 Timothy 1:9)
And YES - grace seeks response, it:
- cannot be stolen, but too sadly it can be trodden upon
- is freely given, but it too can be dismissed
- offers the life of heaven, but can be offered in vain.
Grace is God's act of eternal kindness - calling each to a holy, a separate life that we may share in God's life.
Remember - grace is a heavenly neon screaming out ... FOR MY BENEFIT.
Many hear grace's tender voice but far fewer heed it.
The Cross is the eternal symbol of grace at its finest, a life surrendered for me - my response can only be to surrender to Him.
Grace always draws each of us towards holiness not indulgence.
Today's Soul Snippet:
Visit many good books, but live in the Bible. ~ Charles Spurgeon
ENJOY ~ Grace Faces Me Forward
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?