Give me understanding...
What advice have you offered to one without wisdom? (Job 26:3a)
Wisdom's ways are counter-cultural.
Babylon cannot instruct Jerusalem anymore than the Tree of knowledge informs the Tree of Life.
Some SoulSupply thoughts:
- Humility is the mine for wisdom.
- Wisdom is better than strength.
- The proud are ignorant to the pretense of their heart.
- Wisdom is better than weapons of war, but one sinner destroys much good.
- Noise and turmoil is raised by the fool, but the wise move far away.
- Wisdom does not pursue sin. Righteousness always agrees with wisdom.
- Obedience marries wisdom, but knowledge compounds pride.
- The haughty will not stand on God's holy hill.*
- The humble will lie down and no-one makes them afraid.*
- Wisdom turns back the enemy while the fool opens the city gates.*
- Wisdom is better than wealth. But, this the greedy are unable to discern.*
- Wisdom is better than strength, but this is hidden from the fool.
- The quiet words of the wise are to be heeded lest the shouts of a fool are obeyed.*
- The fool sees a war approaching where there is none, and fails to heed wisdom's warning when there is.
- The fool examines not his shame, nor mourns his disgrace.
- The fool blindly sees the detestable and rushes to it.
The mouth of a man utters the content of his heart, his feet are sure to follow.
I am your servant; give me understanding... (Psalm 119:125a)
Today's Soul Snippet:
'The toil will be easier if we have the profit before our eyes.' ~ Bernard of Clairvaux
*inspired by or part copied from Bible verses