- I've learned that one good turn gets most of the blankets.
- I've learned that I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
- I've learned age is a very high price to pay for maturity, but there are no sales on it.
- I've learned that there is a fine line between genius and goofy.
- I've learned that we are responsible for what we do, unless we are celebrities.
- I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
- I've learned that 99% of the time when something isn't working in my house, one of my kids did it.
- I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people just don't get it.
- I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, but it only takes suspicion a minute to destroy it.
- I've learned that I shouldn't compare myself to others - they maybe more messed up than I think.
- I've learned that depression is merely anger without enthusiasm or permission.
BUT of this I am now sure -- I have learned too much, well beyond my ability to recall - yet despite my life-long learning, erudite education and almost amazing acumen -- without love...
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal (1 Corinthians 13:1b)
Love should be the silver thread that runs through all my conduct. ~ Bishop J. C. Ryle
Today's Soul Snippet:
'Self-deception is the enemy of wholeness because it prevents us from seeing ourselves as we really are.' ~ Brennan Manning
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?
#written by and reproduced with the kind permission of Chris Bennett from His blog 'Thoughts of a Wandering Christian.'