The Storms We Cause
How often does a man discover troubling self-truths only while he is sinking in a stormy sea? Then as the sea calms he pens his lessons.
Jonah and Brennan Manning are alike in enduring life storms, storms born from their own disobedience.
Jonah's storm of disobedience raised a time-impacting author who would yet again shake his fist at heaven.
Manning's storms raised a world-impacting author although some storms were not quelled.
Could troubled writings be the record when words speak louder than actions?
The tortured life of this Christian rascal slipped into the unseen ether of death - April 12th 2013.
Below is a mere drop upon the ocean of Brennan Manning's storm-built and tear-torn legacy:
- Love is the axis of the Christian moral revolution and the only sign by which the disciple is to be recognized.
- Rash judgement is the enemy of tenderness & compassion.
- Peer pressure sets the limits to the boundary of my faith.
- Grace will always be a banana peel for the orthodox foot and a fairy-tale to grown-up sensibility.
- Jesus said blessed are you if you love to be unknown and regarded as nothing.
- The sweet sound of amazing grace saves us from the necessity of self-deception.
- Ritual acts are the undoing of authentic religion. AND SOULSUPPLY'S FAVORITE:
- Our hearts of stone become hearts of flesh when we learn where others weep.
Not only was the Teacher wise, but also he imparted knowledge to the people. He pondered and searched out and set in order many proverbs. The Teacher searched to find just the right words, and what he wrote was upright and true. (Ecclesiastes 12:9-10)
The heart is beaten or blessed by what is poured into it. It is revealed by what is poured out of it.
Today's Soul Snippet:
'The best way to receive understanding is to give it.' ~ anon