3 Tips to Survive Life ... 2nd TIP
Peace and War cannot rule simultaneously. Peace quietens War. War crushes Peace.
But, mankind continues to run to war. Self-interest is the motivator.
Too long have I lived among those who hate peace. I am a man of peace; but when they speak they are for war. (Psalm 120:6-7)
War is perilous, indeed destructive to the human spirit, soul and flesh. To dwell where peace is absent blesses immense injury.
Five habits to adopt as a peace maker:
- Do not be quick to find offense, overlook it.
- Do not be quick to rise in anger, seek harmony.
- Listen twice, speak once.
- Refuse gossip, criticism and fault-finding. These sear the soul of the speaker and the listener alike.
- Flee impatience for this is a strong enemy to peace.
The heart is the seat of emotions and the driver of response. When a heart is ruled by the Prince of Peace it is barren pickings for a warmonger.
Christians fashion their lives no longer in the likeness of self, but in the likeness of Christ.
TIP 2 ... LET THE PEACE OF CHRIST RULE IN YOU. (Colossians 3:15)
P.S. And, remember Golgotha.
Today's Soul Snippet:
"Discretion and humility are the same virtue." ~ anon